r.a.d. FAQ + list member list

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Wed Aug 12 00:59:44 CEST 1992

* [1] The rec.arts.disney FAQ:
Hannes:
> anyone interested in this ? I just got version 1.0 from the author, but don't
> want to email it to all members of the list without asking.

Tom (the maintainer of the FAQ):
> I'm willing to mail to anybody in this group who sends me an e-mail request.
> Version 1.0 (June 6) is still the current revision.

This sounds better than mailing it to the list.  The FAQ is great for
lots of things, but not for Disney *comics*.  (That's not very
strange, as there really are no frequently asked questions on Disney
comics on r.a.d.)  Maybe disney-comics should be mentioned under
"Online sources" (as well as ranger-list), btw.

Of course many Disney comics fans are general Disney fans, so probably
it would be a good idea to give pointers to more general Disney
sources, like the r.a.d. FAQ, in some future FAQ for this list.  For
the time being I don't think that's needed, as I think most of the
list members are pretty net-wise and know their way to r.a.d. etc.
After all, you did see my ad for the list...  That leads me naturally
to my next subject:

* [2] Who are we?

Harry:
> BTW: is there an Italian in the mailing list? If not, why not? (S)he could
> bring in interseting facts.

No, there isn't.  Because noone has asked to join the list.  I have
advertised for this list on rec.arts.comics.misc and rec.arts.disney
on Usenet, and someone (sorry, don't remember who) quoted my ad on the
ranger-list.  I've also mentioned it on local (Swedish) bbs's.  Does
anyone have any recommendations on other places to advertise?

Harry also said that it might be a good idea to list the list members
here once in a while.  OK, here we are (sorted by domain):

derrick at cs.athabascau.ca (Derrick Rowlandson)
kesidis at panther.uwaterloo.ca (George Kesidis)

Rich.Bellacera at amail.amdahl.com
sje at xylos.ma30.bull.com (Steven J. Edwards)
krieg at titan.med.ge.com (Andrew Krieg)
ept2 at gte.com (Ed Tucker)
bereson at ide.com (Alex)
arielle at taronga.com (Stephanie da Silva)

Hannes.Faestermann at Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE

V148RB5B at ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Collin McCulley)
MASSENGALE_M at gold.colorado.edu (Melanie Massengale)
francis at cis.ohio-state.edu (RD Francis)
miller at bigsgi.princeton.edu (Stephen T. Miller)
HATHAWAY at stsci.edu (William Hathaway)
nicholas at wam.umd.edu (James Ronald Simonds)
cook at cse.uta.edu (Diane Cook)

tanida at esosun.css.gov (Tom Tanida)
rivers at seismo.css.gov (Wilmer Rivers)

H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl (Harry Fluks)

Anders.Berglund at eua.ericsson.se (Vem annars?)
Anders.Engwall at eua.ericsson.se
petrus at alex.stacken.kth.se (Lars Petrus)
d88matru at und.ida.liu.se (Mats Rundqvist)
andersw at csd.uu.se (Anders Wass)
gref at student.docs.uu.se (Andreas Gref)
starback at student.docs.uu.se (Per Starback)
Erik.Starback at mat.uu.se

(I hope that nobody minds.)  Anyway, the membership is not so
international as one might wish...
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"