Don Rosa

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Aug 21 05:18:17 CEST 1992

Mark Semich wrote:
> I'd have to say that Don Rosa has done some of my favorite duck stories

I was not that enthralled with Rosa at first, preferring e.g., Van
Horn who had more of a style of his own, instead of wanting to look
just like Unca Carl.  But, after a while I came to appreciate Rosa
more and more, and I also think he has done some great stories.

> forgive me if this question has been beaten into the ground,

I don't think any question has.  The list is still rather new...

> but does anyone know just what happened between him and Disney and
> if he'll be doing anymore work for them?

I don't know if there was anything more to it, but as far as I've
understood it, it was about his originals.  Rosa wanted them back
after they were used, but Disney wouldn't let him.

Anyway, now Don Rosa is working for Gutenberghus, the Danish producer
of Disney comics, so there'll be more Rosa stories. Part of the deal
for Gutenberghus and other Disney comics producers are that all their
comics are up for grabs for any other Disney comics producer, so
Rosa's stories can still be published in the US, but we in Scandinavia
will probably see them first.  Nyaah nyaaah! :-)

Tore Urnes has made a Don Rosa index that was published on the net
last year, and I've typed in the Rosa index that appeared in Swedish
duck fanzine NAFS(k)uriren.  I think I remember list member Andrew
Krieg writing that he was working on merging the information in the
two lists.  Is that so?

[Reminder: Less than 17 hours left to answer my Barks quote quiz!]
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"