WAS Creator information. Indices.

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Wed Dec 9 03:33:18 CET 1992

On Tue, 8 Dec 1992, Per Starbdck wrote:
> > Every year, Overstreet concentrates on a specific subject, which is
> > featured on the cover.  In 1987, Snow White and Disney Comics were
> > featured.
> That's the very edition I have.  One year (1976?) Carl Barks was
> featured (with a Porky Pig cover by Barks I think).  I wish I had that
> one as well, but it's probably expensive...
There isn't much demand for old price guides.  If you want to see the
information, try interlibrary loan.  If it is too difficult, I would be
happy to do it for you, and send you a photocopy of the article and plates.
(This offer good to all disney-comics subscribers (all 42 of you).

> The Gladstone Index
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Harry:
> > That [always indicating the writer] is a good idea. I thought of
> > that, but I thought it was too much typing work...
> Not much extra, and we want that information, right?
> Another index
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Great news!  I just spoke to fellow Swedish Donaldist Kjell Crone, and
> he'll send me his Disney indices later this week so I can make them
> available.  They list most of the old Disney comics, story by story, a
> lot like Becattini's index.  (He hasn't done WDC yet though.)  There's
> information on Swedish printings of the stories as well, for those who
> are interested.
> Just a thought...
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Harry:
> > [...]  <example: "Is Superman really dead?">
> Maybe that DC trick would be something for Disney.  They could kill
> off Scrooge in a special collector's item book, and then a few months
> later maybe Magica could find some way to revive him.  Maybe he has
> hid his first dime so well she can't find it, so she needs him to show
> the way there, or whatever.  Whaddya think?
Well, Beast died, and so did Tinkerbell, and they both made speedy
recoveries, so why not Scrooge?  Of course, Magica could turn Scrooge into
a zombie, and US would have to obey her.
> Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: Per.Starback at student.docs.uu.se
>  "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"

Torsten at Omaha