Names Translations

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at pt.hk-r.se
Tue Apr 13 15:10:28 CEST 1993

Here it is, finally: The International Disney Comic Character Names
list 2.0. Version 1.0 (for anyone who may be wondering) is Per
Starback's original list mailed to this list on the 30th of March. It
took a little longer than I had expected. One reason for this is that
I was desperately trying to find a standard format to type latin
letters in 7-bit ASCII. I finally decided on Latin-1, only to find
that it wasn't complete enough for my needs. Oh, well! You'll just
have to stick with it the way it is.

I have kept Per's general format and made some slight modifications to
it. I have also added all those names that have been mailed by others,
as well as a few of my own. My own additions include some Greek and
Arabic names. For these, I have attempted to do my own translitte-
rations. These are question marked and NOT TO BE TRUSTED!! In the end,
I didn't delete any of Per's names. Those would have been too few to
make any difference anyway.

So, I have done my part of this and now I need Your Help! Per informs
me that, considering the country codes of the e-mail addresses, the
following languages should be represented on this mailing list: English,
Swedish, Dutch, German, Danish, Spanish, Italian, Finnish and Portugese.
This, of course, means that we should be able to get at least a fairly
complete and correct list for the most common names in those languages.
What I want you to do is:

1. Straighten out the question marks. Wherever a question mark, there
is something uncertain (spelling, et c). If you know that such a word
is either correct or incorrect, mail me the facts.

2. Correct errors. There are bound to be dozens of them. I haven't been
able to verify all my sources, and my sources (Per, et c) haven't been
able to verify all their sources.

3. Add more translations. For the names already on the list, and any
other names that you think should be added.

A final note: Do not mail the corrections to the address that I'm
sending this from, but to d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se. This other address I
use only when I have to send very long messages, since my normal mail
program can't handle text files longer than 10k (such as this one).

  /Fredrik Ekman

International Disney Comic Character Names  ver 2.0

Legend:

The list is divided into several paragraphs; one for each character.
Every paragraph is further divided into several lines; one for each
language. Each line begins with a two-letter code indicating what
language the name is in. If there are several countries using the
same language, but that have different names, a dash and a two-letter
country code (or equivalent) is added. The language codes are from
ISO 639, and the following are used:

ar:Arabic
bg:Bulgarian
cs:Czech
da:Danish
de:German
el:Greek
en:English
es-ar:Spanish (in Argentina)
es-es:Spanish (in Spain)
es-mx:Spanish (in Mexico)
et:Estonian
fi:Finnish
fr:French
hu:Hungarian
is:Icelandic
it:Italian
la:Latin
nl-fl:Flemish
nl-nl:Dutch
no:Norwegian
pl:Polish
pt:Portuguese
ru:Russian
sh:Serbo-Croatian
sk:Slovak
sv:Swedish
zh:Chinese

After the language code follows the name of the character. If the
language does not use the latin alphabet, the name is translitte-
rated. Non-English letters are written with additional accents and
the like before or after each letter. Title or part of name that is
often omitted is included in parantheses. Different names for the
same character that are used more or less interchangeably are sepa-
rated by a slash (/). Different translations of the same name are
separated by a pipe (|). If there is any serious doubt regarding the
correctness of the name (spelling, correct character, et c), there is
a question mark after the name. Any comments are put at the end of
the line in [brackets].

Please mail any corrections or additions to: d91fe at ide.ide.hk-r.se

The list:

en:Donald Duck
it:(Paolino) Paperino
pt:Pato Donald
sv:Kalle Anka
de:Donald Duck
da:Anders And
fi:Aku Ankka
no:Donald Duck
nl-nl:Donald Duck
nl-fl:Donald Duck
es-es:Donaldo
es-mx:Pato Donald
es-ar:Pato Donald
pl:Kacer Donald | Kaczor Donald(?)
ar:Battouta
ru:Donald
et:Piilupart Donald
sk:Ujo Donald | Ka'c`'er Donald
bg:Patoka Donald
hu:Donald Kacsa
zh:Tang Lao Ya
is:Andr'es "Ond
la:Donaldus Anas
sh:Paja Patak
cs:Donald Duck
el:Ntonalt Ntak
fr:Donald

en:Huey, Dewey and Louie
sv:Knatte, Fnatte och Tjatte / Knattarna
nl-nl:Kwik, Kwek en Kwak
nl-fl:Loeki, Joost, Victor
es?:Jorgito, Juanito y Jaimito
es-es:Juanito, Jotgito y Juaimito
es-mx:Hugo, Paco y Louis
es-ar:Huguito, Dieguito y Luisito
no:Ole, Dole og Doffen
da:Rip, Rap og Rup
it:Qui, Quo, Qua
pt:Huguinho, Zezinho, Louisinho
de:Tick, Trick und Track
pl:Dyzio, Zyzio, Hyzio
ar:Sou Sou, Tou Tou, Fou Fou
ru:Billy, Willy, Dilly
sk:Tuj, Luj, Muj
is:Rip, Rap, Rup
fi:Tupu, Hupu ja Lupu
sh:Gaio, Raio, Vlaio
fr:Loulou, Riri et Fifi
el:Chiouh, Liouh kai Ntiouh(?)

en:Junior Woodchucks
sv:Gr"ong"olingarna
es-es:Jovenes Castores
nl-nl:Jonge Woudlopers
da:Gr"onspaetterne
el:Mikron Exereunhton(?)

en:Daisy Duck
sv:Kajsa Anka
nl-nl:Katrien Duck
nl-fl:Daisy
it:Paperina
pt:Margarida
de:Daisy Duck
da:Andersine And
es-es:Daisy
es-mx:Daisy
es-ar:Margarita
pl:Daisy
is:Andr'es'ina
no:Dolly Duck
fi:Iines Ankka
sh:Pata
fr:Daisy
ar:Zizka(?)

en:April, May and June
sv:Titti, Pippi och Kicki
nl-nl:Lizzy, Juultje en Babetje
fi:Leenulle, Liinulle ja Tiinulle / Leenua, Liinua ja Tiinua
da:Kylle, Pylle og Rylle
no:Hetti, Letti og Netti

en:Uncle Scrooge / Scrooge McDuck
sv:Farbror Joakim / Joakim von Anka
da:Onkel Joakim / Joakim von And
de:Onkel Dagobert / Dagobert Duck
nl-nl:Oom Dagobert / Dagoberg Duck
nl-fl:Oom Jeremias
es-es:Tio Gilito
es-mx:Tio Rico
es-ar:Tio Patilludo
it:Zio Paperone / Paperon de Paperoni
pt:Tio Patinha
pl:Wujer Sknerus / Sknero MacKwak
ar:Amm Da Hab
et:Onu Robert
sk:Drzgros / Ujoo Drz`'gros`'
is: / J'oakim "Ond
no:Onkel Skrue
fi: / Roope Ankka
fr:Oncle Picsou
sh:Cika Baja
hu: / Dagoberg Ba'csi
la: / Scrugulus Anas

en:Beagle Boys
sv:Bj"ornligan
es-es:Golfos Apandadores
es-mx:Chicos Malos
it:Banda Bassotti
pt:Irmaos Metralha
de:Panzerknacker
da:Bj"ornebanden
pl:Bracia B.
ru:Guff Brothers(?)
et:Peniposoid
fi:Karhukopla
nl-nl:De Zware Jongens
no:B-gjengen
fr:Les Rapetou
el:Mpanta Ton Lukon(?)

en:Grandma Duck
sv:Farmor Anka
nl-nl:Oma Duck
it:Nonna Papera
pt:Vovo' Donalda
de:Oma Gans
da:Bedstemor And
es-es:Abuela Donalda / La abuela
no:Bestemor Duck
fi:Mummo Ankka

en:Gus Goose
sv:Maarten Gaas
da:Guf
nl-nl:Gijs Gans
no:Guffen

en:Gladstone Gander
sv:Alexander Lukas
nl-nl:Guus Geluk
es-es:Narciso Bello
es-mx:Panfilo
es-ar:Gaston
it:Gastone
pt:Gastao
de:Gustav Gans
da:Faetter H"ojben
fi:Hannu Hanhi
no:Anton Antonsen
fr:Gontran Bonheur
sh:Sretsko Sretskovits

en:Gyro Gearloose
sv:Oppfinnar-Jocke | Uppfinnar-Jocke
de:Daniel D"usentrieb
nl-nl:Willie Wortel | Willy
nl-fl:Giro Giroscoop
es-es:Ungenio Tarconi
es-mx:Ciro Peraloca
it:Archimede Pitagorico
pt:Professor Pardal
da:George Gearlos  [Or is it Gearl"os?]
ar:Abkarino
ru:Wint(?)
et:Leidur Leo
no:Smarte-Petter | Petter Smart
fi:Pelle Peloton
sh:Proka Pronalazac
fr:Geo Trouvetout

en:Little Helper
sv:Medhj"alpare
de:Helferchen(?)
nl-nl:Lampje
it:Edi

en:Newton
sv:Newton

en:Flintheart Glomgold
sv:Guld-Ivar Flinthj"arta
da:Guld-Iver Flinthaard
fi:Kroisos Pennonen
nl-nl:Govert Goudglans  [This name has also been used for Rockerduck]

en:Magica De Spell
sv:Magica de Hex
it:Amelia
pt:Maga Patalogika
de:Gundel Gaukelei
da:Hexia de Trick  [Or is it Trix?]
es-es:Magica
es-mx:Bruja Magica
pl:Magica de Czar
fi:Milla Magia
nl-nl:Magica
fr:Miss Tick
no:Magica fra Tryll
ar:Sodia(?)

en:Ludwig van Drake
sv:Ludvig von Anka
da:Raptus von And
no:Ludvig von Duck
fi:Taavi Ankka
nl-nl:Otto van Drakenstein

en:Fethry Duck
sv:Knase Anka
no:Fetter Klodrik
it:Paperoga
pt:Peninha
de:Dussel Duck
da:Faetter Vims  [Or is it Voms?]
es-es:Patoso
es-mx:Copetes
nl-nl:Diederik Duck

en:Moby Duck
sv:Moby Duck
nl-nl:Moby Duck

en:Porpy the Porpoise
sv:Tumle

en:Dim-Witty
sv:Blunder

en:Neighbor (J.) Jones
sv:(Olle) Olsson
nl-nl:Buurman Bolderbast
es-es:Se~nor Olson(?)

en:Clara Cluck
sv:Klara Kluck
fi:Klaara Kotko(?)
nl-nl:Klaartje Kip

en:Mickey Mouse
sv:Musse Pigg
it:Topolino
pt:Mickey Mouse
de:Micky Maus
es-es:Raton Mickey
es-mx:Raton Miguelito
ex-ar:Raton Mickey
pl:Myszka Mikey | Miki
ar:Mickey
ru:Mickey Mouse
et:Mikki Hiir
sk:Mysiak Mickey | Mys`'jak Miky
bg:Miki Maus
hu:Miki Ege'r
zh:Mi Lao Shu
da:Mickey Mouse
is:Mikki M'us
no:Mikke Mus
fi:Mikki Hiiri
nl-nl:Mickey Mouse
nl-fl:Mickey Mouse
sh:Miki Maus
el:Mikki Maous
fr:Mickey
cs:Mickey Mouse

en:Minnie Mouse
sv:Mimmi Pigg
da:Minnie Mouse
no:Minni Mus
fi:Minni Hiiri
nl-nl:Minnie Mouse
hu:Minni
pl:Myszka Minnie
fr:Minnie
ar:Minnie(?)

en:Goofy
sv:(Jan) Laangben
it:Pippo
pt:Pateta
de:Goofy
da:Fedtmule
es-es:Goofy
es-mx:Tribilin
es-ar:Dippy
pl:Goofy
ar:Bondock
et:Kupi
is:Ferdinand
no:Langbein
fi:Hessu Hopo
nl-nl:Goofy
fr:Dingo
sh:Silja
cs:Goofy
sk:Grambi'os
el:Gkoufh(?)

en:Super Goof
sv:Staal-Laangben
nl-nl:Supergoof
da:Super-Mule

en:Gilbert
sv:Gilbert

en:Black Pete / Big (Bad) Pete / Peg-Leg Pete
sv:Svarte Petter
it:Gamba di legno
pt:Joao Bafo de Onsa
de:Kater Karlo
da:Sorte Per
nl-nl:Boris Boef
nl-fl:Zwarte Pier
es-es:Pete Patapalo
es-mx:Pedro el malo
es-ar:Pete Pata de Palo
no:Svarte-Petter
fi:Musta Pekka
fr:Pat Hibulaire
sh:Veliki Pit
el:Mauros Pht(?)

en:Pluto (the Pup)
sv:Pluto
da:Pluto
is:Pl'ut'o
no:Pluto
fi:Pluto
hu:Plu'to'
sk:Pluto
cs:Pluto
nl-nl:Pluto
fr:Pluto
el:Plouto(?)

en:Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse
sv:Teddi och Freddi
da:Mik og Mak
fi:Martti ja Vertti
nl-nl:Puk en Max Mouse
no:Tipp og Topp

en:Horace Horsecollar
sv:Klasse
da:Klaus Krikke(?)
fi:Poni Koninkaulus(?)
nl-nl:Karel Paardepoot
es-es:Horacio

en:Clarabelle Cow
sv:Klarabella
da:Nora Malkeko(?)
fi:Heluna(?)
cs:Kla'ry
nl-nl:Clarabella Koe
es-es:Clarabella
fr:Clarabelle

en:The (Phantom) Blot
sv:Sp"okplumpen
nl-nl:Fantomerik
de:Phantomias | Das Schwarze Phantom
it:Paperinik
nl-nl:De zwarte Schim
da:Sorte Klat
no:Sp"okelsekladden

en:Idgit the Midgit
sv:Putte
no:Mikro-Midas
da:Puslingen
de:Zwerg Zwetschge

en:Dangerous Dan McBoo
sv:Kn"olen
no:Farlige Fiffus
da:Farlige Fritz

en:Chief O'Hara
sv:Kommissarie Karlsson
it:Commisarion Basettoni
pt:Coronel Cintra
de:Kommissar Hunter
da:Politimester Striks
es-es:El Capitan O'Hara
es-mx:Jefe O'Hara
pl:Szef O'Hara
ar:Moaffatish Sorrour
et:Politisei Kommisar Fip
nl-nl:Comissaris O'Hara
fr:Le comissaire Finot
el:Epitheorhta(?)

en:Witch Hazel / Hazel the Witch
sv:Tyra Trollpacka
nl-nl:Hortensia Heks

en:Zeke Wolf / The Big Bad Wolf
sv:Zeke Varg / Stora Stygga Vargen
nl-nl:Midas Wolf / De (Grote) Boze Wolf
pl:Gazety Wilczek
da: / Store Stygge Ulv
de:Ede Wolf / Der B"ose Wolf
fr:Z`eke le Loup / Grand Loup
no: / Storeulv
fi:Sepe Susi(?)

en:Li'l Bad Wolf
sv:Lilla (Sn"alla) Vargen | Lilla Stygga Vargen
nl-nl:De Kleine Boze Wolf | Wolfje  [Or should '|' be '/'?]
pl:Maly Wilczek
da:Lille Stygge Ulv
fr:P'tit Loup
no:Lilleulv
ar:Tdaob(?)

en:Izzy Wolf
sv:Smockan
nl-nl:Pollo

en:Three Little Pigs
sv:Tre smaa grisar
pl:Trzy Male S'winki
nl-nl:De Drie Biggetjes
fr:Les trois petits Cochons

en:Fiddler Pig
sv:Bror Lustig  [Or is this Bror Hurtig?]
nl-nl:Knir  [Or is this Knar?]

en:Fifer Pig
sv:Bror Hurtig  [Or is this Bror Lustig?]
nl-nl:Knar  [Or is this Knir?]

en:Practical Pig
sv:Bror Duktig
nl-nl:Knor
da:Praktiske Bror
fr:Naf-Naf

en:Brer Bear
sv:Bror Bj"orn
nl-nl:Meneer Beer | Bruin Beer
da:Bror Bj"orn
fi:Nalle
fr:Fr`ere Ours

en:Brer Fox
sv:Bror R"av
nl-nl:Meneer Vos | Reintje Vos
da:Bror Raev

en:Brer Rabbit
sv:Bror Kanin
nl-nl:Broer Konijn
da:Bror Kanin

en:(John D.) Rockerduck
sv:von Pluring
it:Rockerduck
pt:Pataconcio
de:Klaas Klever
da:Andy Anderbilt
es-es:Rockerduck
es-mx:Titus Bondi
nl-nl:Leopold Kvartjesvinder | Klaas Klever | Rockerduck

en:Eega Beeva
it:Eta Beta
pt:Esqualidus
de:Gamma
es-es:Bip Bip
es-ar:Scualidus
sv:Eta Beta | Ecki Becki | Fega Knega
nl-nl:Ega Beva

en:Emil Eagle
da:"Ojvind "Orn
sv:Emil "Orn
nl-nl:Arend Akelig
no:"Ornulf "Orn

en:Mad Madam Mim
da:Madam Mim
fi:Matami Mimmi
sv:Madam Mim
nl-nl:Madam Mikmak

en:Jiminy Cricket
da:Jesper Faarekylling
no:Benjamin Gresshoppe
fi:Samu Sirkka
sv:Benjamin Syrsa
nl-nl:Japie Krekel
fr:Jiminy

en:Duckburg
da:Andeby
fi:Ankkalinna
de:Entenhausen
sv:Ankeborg
nl-nl:Duckstad
it:Paperopoli
no:Andeby

da:Gaaser"od
fi:Hanhivaara
sv:Gaaseborg
nl-nl:Ganzenstad

en:Money Bin
nl-nl:Geldpakhuis
it:Deposito
sv:Pengabingen
de:Geldspeicher

en:Scamp
sv:Ludde
nl-nl:Rakker
de:Strolchi
da:Vaks
no:Fant

en:Aristocats
sv:Aristocats | Aristokatterna
nl-nl:De Aristocats

en:Dumbo
sv:Dumbo
nl-nl:Dombo

en:Hiawatha
sv:Hiawatha
nl-nl:Hiawatha
fr:Hiawatha

en:Double-O Duck
nl-nl:O.O.Duck

en:Bucky Bug
nl-nl:Tokkie Tor

en:Gus & Jaq
nl-nl:Tom & Pieter
sv:Gus & Jack

en:Winnie the Pooh
sv:Nalle Puh
nl-nl:Winnie de Poeh
de:Winnie Puuh
ar:Dodo(?)

en:Cinderella
sv:Askungen
fr:Cendrillion
nl-nl:Assepoester
nl-fl:Assepoester

en:Sylvester Shyster
sv:Fusky | Mutkolv
nl-nl:Sylvester Slibber

en:Shamrock Bones
sv:Sk"arlock Holm
nl-nl:Sul Dufneus

en:Captain Churchmouse
sv:Kapten Kyrkraatta
nl-nl:Kaptein Kerkrat | Kaptein Kerkmuis

it:Filo Fganga
sv:Johannes N"abbelin | Ludde Spinsson | Johannes Hum | Ernst

en:Tinker Bell
sv:Tingeling
nl-nl:Rinkelbel

en:Little Toot
sv:Lilla Traaget
nl-nl:Kleine Toet

en:Cornelius Coot
nl-nl:Cornelius Prul
nl-fl:Cornelius Koet
sv:Cornelius Kn"os

en:Duck Tales
sv:Duck Tales | Knatte, Fnatte och Tjatte paa ventyr
da:Rip, Rap og Rup paa Eventyr

en:Edna Beakley
sv:Matilda
nl-nl:Mevrouw Baktaart