cluttered art styles

Wilmer Rivers rivers at seismo.CSS.GOV
Tue Apr 20 21:00:12 CEST 1993

Harry Fluks writes (in reply to Don Rosa):
> I had contact with Thom Roep (the Dutch editor) for a while  [...]
> When your Money Pit story was reprinted in Holland, he told me it would
> originally have been the lead story of the comic, but he had decided to move
> the story to the back, and take a Vicar lead story instead. He said he didn't
> like your "Underground-like" drawings, with much "unnecessary details".

So, I suppose Roep would have told Barks, "Erase all those unnecessary
lemmings!"  :)

On the other hand, if Image had been publishing it, how many lemmings
would Barks have been required to stuff onto a page?  To say nothing
of the glow-in-the-dark lemmings spilling off the cover...

When he scored the coup of establishing an e-mail link to Don Rosa,
Per Starback cautioned:
> Don Rosa is now a member of this mailing list!
> (so watch your tongues :-)

Does Per's admonition mean that discussions like this one should
be held sub rosa?

Wilmer Rivers
rivers at seismo.css.gov