Rosa VG article and other things

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Aug 17 18:17:16 CEST 1993

Don Rosa:
> To Dag: thanks so much for the trouble you went to in translating that
> VG article. I'm afraid you're not the first to do so for me -- and you
> must have missed the Digest that included some other nice fella's
> translation. But naturally I appreciate your work as much as his. I hope
> someone ASKS me next time before going to so much trouble!

I think the 'nice fella' sent a translation to YOU only: I have not seen any
other one than Dag's. If the other one WAS sent to the list, Dag wouldn't
have done the same work.

So: message to all list members: if you think your message is of ANY
interest to some people other than Don (or whoever), PLEASE send it to the
list.

I enjoyed Dag's thanslation very much; thank you Dag.

> (...) about the Money Bin...
> (...) a few months
> later is the first few [view?] of $crooge's "new" (says Donald) Money Bin...
> newly REMODELED maybe??? I dunno.

I think the bin is supposed to be new, because the old "bin" was
demolished by a cannon ball in the previous WDC story.

> (...) The bin continues
> to fill from 1903 to 1930 at which point it is FULL...

Well, almost (99 ft.). Scrooge complains about that one missing foot in some
late U$ story...

> (...)
> but it's only MY version. I never expected everyone to like it and they
> are perfectly free to view my stories as askance as I view all nonBarks
> junk. Why shouldn't they?

I have a problem here: I read your stories many times, and your world is
so close to the Barks world that I mix things up. The only solution for
me is to see it as the same world...

> 	Other matters Geir mentioned: rather than try to explain the
> paradox of all the times $crooge has exchanged his money and then had it
> restored... rather than hunt for these explanantions which will never
> completely work, I (as I said) simply treat any "current" stories as not
> having happened by the time the next month's issue roles around. Simple
> as that.

That may look simple, but I have problems with it. You mean to say that
Plain Awful was visited by that professor, but WASN'T visited by Donald
and the boys? Scrooge met Goldie in the old days, but NOT in 'Back to
the Klondike'? Where do you draw the line?

And about Penny Wise: couldn't she have some paper that would make her the
owner of the golden teeth of one of Scrooge's ancestors? Or maybe even
the owner of a certain Golden Helmet, so that she would own America?
(the document would then state that the actual helmet need not be around.)
Just a thought...

--Harry.