+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #178.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Dec 8 06:09:31 CET 1993

	Yow! What's this about there being a form of "uncle" in Sweden
that indicates the father's side of the family? That will make the use
of my Family Tree tricky in Sweden. Maybe they'll just ignore the Tree?
(Like they ignored parts 1 & 2 of the Lo$?) I know they have similar
sorts of problems with the whole idea of my Lo$ in certain countries --
in Germany, $crooge has always been said to be Grandma's sister also...
in fact, I think they planned to reword the balloons to say that
Hortense turns out to be Grandma Duck (this will get tricky in part 10
when Hortense meets Grandma Duck!). Another German problem is that
they've always written that $crooge is Austrian, rather than a Scot. I'm
not sure how they handled all my kilts and maps of Scotland in parts 1,
5 & 9.
	And Mattias -- I don't use the (stupid) name "Dumbella" from the
animated cartoons. I use Taliaferro's "Della" which precedes the
cartoon.
	...and "what the heck" might mean "so what?" as you say... but
it more often just means "what" as in "What the heck is goin' on?",
oftened shortened to just "What the heck...?" and further shortened to
the most popular form which I'm sure you've heard and that I use
constantly: "What the...?" It can't be shortened any further to "What?"
since that would be assumed to be short for "What did you say?" (or
perhaps "What the heck did you say?") and would be properly followed by
the response "Whatsamatterwithya'? Ya' DEAF?"