Grandma Duck revisited

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Wed Dec 8 09:45:40 CET 1993

Fredrik:

        I'm sorry if the "ton" of my last posting was not quite "bon"; I
certainly didn't mean to be rude, BUT I didn't quite catch the (obviously)
underlying irony of your statements - now, whether this is because YOU weren't
clear enough in writin' 'em, or because I am just plain thickheaded, I don't
know, really, nor do I care, really. But: please accept my tender apologies if
I seemed a bit offensive in my reply.

Now, concerning "original references", the choice of words are perhaps a little
unwise, because there is of course no such thing as REAL original references in
donaldism; i.e. since the ducks and their universe has no REAL, physical
existence in OUR universe, but is a work of fiction, there can be no absolute
truths about such matters as who is related to who, and so on and so forth. In
theory, therefore, any writer can claim that his version is the better one, and
we can agree or disagree as it pleases us.

I think, however, that there is certain guidelines, albeit weak ones, for us to
follow if and when we feel that we have to chose between conflicting versions.
Some of these are, to my mind:

a) priority

b) major influence on consolidating

c) creative consciousness and/or integrity.

I shall try to think this through, but for the time there's no time (it's back
to the salt mines for me, me lads)...

And David: I'll get back to you, too...

Mattias