Disney-comics digest #179.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu Dec 9 14:44:04 CET 1993

A reply to Ole
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Speaking of colors; Harry once said, that DDD relied on Egmont's staff
> to do the colors.

That only applied to the monthly "Donald Duck Extra" (and some album specials).
In the weekly "Donald Duck", they (almost) always colour the stories them-
selves, and the re-lettering also involves reshaping text balloons, and
sometimes insert art to fill in the space.

I'm glad they publish the Rosa stories in DD Extra, because the balloons
are not reshaped and no Rosa artwork is lost.

> Now, what is a "stavenuiter?"

Jaap Stavenuiter is a young Disney artist working for GP ("Oberon"). He
specializes in Wolf stories. I haven't put his name in the 'creators' file
yet, because I can't recognize all of his work (yet).

And I'm sure you're gonna tell us what a badalamenti is...

A non-Disney (but Barks) subject
The Dutch "Tom & Jerry" #205, available in every super market, reprints a
Barks story from Our Gang 33, 1946. The rest of the comic is filled with
stories by Oscar Martin, and the colophon says "produced in cooperation
with Semic, Sweden". I hope this means we will see reprints of other
Barks "Barney & Benny" stories. A lot of good things come from Sweden...

--Harry.