Granda Duck

HATHAWAY@stsci.edu HATHAWAY at stsci.edu
Fri Dec 10 06:14:01 CET 1993

This discussion of Grandma Duck reminds me of an issue that came out
many years ago in the USA, titled _Grandma Duck_ (or GD and Farm Friends,
or some such.)  This was during the time when the cover prices for
comic books was rapidly changing.  They were $0.10 for a long time,
then went to $0.12 for a short while, then up to $0.15, then skyrocketed
to the triple digit prices we now know.

What I found odd (and unique? - I've never seen another like it), was
this issue (Dell, Gold Key, or Whitman ??? can't remember) had NO cover
price printed or any price on or in it at all!!!  The shopkeeper didn't
seem to notice and simply charged the same as the then prevailing prices
of the other comics on the stands.  I remember saving that one away,
though I doubt if I can still find it, as I thought it was a fluke.
Anyone else notice a similar experience?

W. Hathaway