+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #181.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Sat Dec 11 05:32:04 CET 1993

Harry:
	Well, okay, your Oberon friend didn't say that the German script
he had was a version of mine... but still, WHY would he not think that
the English script that Egmont sends him is not my version. It IS my
original version. Now that I work with Byron Erickson, I know that the
Egmont scripts are my original scripts or versions with tiny changes
that I've inspected and fully agreed with.
	The "proofs" you mention of Barks holding Grandma as being
Donald's Grandma are the best -- how many proofs are needed? One proof
is enough for... proof. But as for this idea of Grandma being Donald's
mother or $crooge's sister which some European countries have adopted --
what shred of evidence or reason exists to indicate anyone ever implied
or intended this? Even if someone could say that there was no "proof"
that Grandma is DD's granny, where would they find a reason to assume
something else which isn't even suggested by her very name? And as for
her being $crooge's sister, if the creator of $crooge clearly never
intended this then why would someone think it to be so?
	It's not that I think this is an issue of earth-shaking
importance, but I'm curious why anyone would pick the least apparent or
logical of the two options.