"New" Barks stories

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Jan 27 18:01:41 CET 1993

         "
Per Starback writes:

> (...) I have never bothered to tick off what Barks stories I have, and
> which ones I lack, but I *thought* that I had them all, or at least
> have read them all, in one way or another, at least everything longer
> than one page.

I thought every Barks fan would have made a Barks checklist..
I have, and I know exactly which stories I have and which I don't.

I can even recognise most of the stories when seeing only one panel of it...

Of most stories I don't have, I have at least seen a copy in a store (I
don't have the Carl Barks Library, but I browsed in it a lot when it was
for sale). The only Barks things I don't have now, are:
- most of the 'script only' stories (loup garou, junior woodchucks)
- most of the 'barney bear and benny burro' stories.
All the other things I have read at least 20 times... I was glad when Don Rosa
started making stories: finally some *new* stories in the Barks quality.

> (Except Porky of the Mounties, but that's not Disney
> anyhow...)

This means you have a copy of all the 'Our Gang' (bear) stories of Barks?

----x----
[Next thing is Barks, but NOT Disney. So if you think it should not be on
this list: skip it]

BTW: some of the non-Disney Barks comics are reprinted in 'Tom and Jerry'
(Harvey publ.) The Happy Hound stories, and some of the oldest (Barney
Bear &) Benny Burro stories. Apparently, they stopped reprinting Barks,
for I have not seen any Barks story in recent issues.

One of the Happy Hound stories, "Mother is a wolf's best friend", is
reprinted with new lettering and a new title: "Hugo Hound".
I think it is re-translated from some other language: maybe German?
(Hugo sounds German...)

Any clues?

--Harry.