"New" Barks stories + Barney Bear

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Jan 29 10:45:47 CET 1993

I wrote that I recently found a Barks story I've never read before,
and didn't know I hadn't read.

Harry> I thought every Barks fan would have made a Barks checklist..
Harry> I have, and I know exactly which stories I have and which I don't.

I guess I simplified truth a little, because I *have* made such lists
a couple of times, but every time it became hopelessly out-of-date
after a while as I forgot to enter new stuff in it when I got it.

me> (Except Porky of the Mounties, but that's not Disney
me> anyhow...)

> This means you have a copy of all the 'Our Gang' (bear) stories of
> Barks?

Yes, they were all published in Swedish "Tom & Jerry" some years ago.
(And now they are published again in album form by Carl Barks fan (and
lots of other things) Horst Schr"oder.

> [Next thing is Barks, but NOT Disney. So if you think it should not be on
> this list: skip it]

As far as I'm concerned anything by Barks is interesting when talking
about Disney comics, even when it isn't Disney.  (But of course I don't
know what the silent majority of the list is interested in.
Opinions?)

> BTW: some of the non-Disney Barks comics are reprinted in 'Tom and Jerry'
> (Harvey publ.) The Happy Hound stories, and some of the oldest (Barney
> Bear &) Benny Burro stories. Apparently, they stopped reprinting Barks,
> for I have not seen any Barks story in recent issues.

Do you know what stories were published in what issues?  I have them
in Swedish, as I said, but I'd like to have all Barks in English.  (I
regret I didn't get the Barks Bear Book which reprinted all Barks's
non-Disney comics.)
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"