Scrooge's staff

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Jul 9 20:15:20 CEST 1993

Don:
> QUESTION for all Barksbuffs!!!!!  For my "Life and Times of $crooge
> McDuck" part XI, I am doing a story involving, in small part, $crooge
> hiring the office staff for his base office. [ ... ]
> but Byron Erickson says I need to also include some dog-guy named
> "Clerkly". Sure, I'm sure I recall ONE time there was a dogman in
> $crooge's office he called Clerkly... but did Barks ever use a
> character named (in the story) Clerkly more than one time?

I don't know.  There is a Clerkly in US 46 (Lost Beneath the Sea).  Is
that the same story you're thinking of?

> Or even use a character as an office worker that was clearly the
> same person (though unnamed) in more than one story???

Not that I know of, but the clerks in The Golden River (US 22) speak
about what Scrooge does every spring, so I guess they have worked
there for awhile at least.  One clerk in that story is named by the way
--- Mr. Clerkmore.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"