Scrooge's employees

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Jul 13 11:35:28 CEST 1993

(WARNING: BORING LIST IN THIS MAIL)

Don Rosa:
> 	So, it sounds like there WEREN'T any office workers who appeared in
> more than one old $crooge story???

I have gone through my Dutch Barks collection and looked for employees of
Scrooge. Below, you find a list of what I found. I can't give all the
English names, since I looked at the Dutch versions. But mostly, when the
Dutch story gives a name to the employee, the original has a name, too.
Maybe Don or someone else can look at that.
(BTW: where is miss Quackfaster called Miss Quackfaster?)

I tried to describe the employees, but most of them actually are
neutral dog-faces. However, the clerk in the last US stories seems to be the
same.

I started with the Christmas Parade story. Some earlier stories may have a
butler ('Bear Mountain'?) but I think that's less relevant.

Here is the list:

Issue    Page       Clerk(s)

CP       21         ('you can't guess') butler called [Dutch Lodewijk]
WDC 144  1+10       clerk
WDC 159  2          clerk
US 5     7          clerk
WDC 164  3          quite fat one with glasses
US 6     1          4 employees
US 7     1          butler with sideburns
         4          bookkeeper
US 7 (wages gag)    2 employees
US 11 (party gag)   butler with sideburns
US 15    4          bookkeeper
US 16b   3          clerk  (quiz show story)
US 18 (poverty gag) U$ _talks_ by intercom to miss [Dutch Eugenia]
US 19    1          8 employees carry tickets (#1 is fat, glasses)
         last       employees #1 and #2 of page 1
US 22    1          5 employees
         2          2 other employees
         5          one of the employees seems to have changed clothes.
                    He's called mr. Clerkmore.
US 23    2+3        chief-clerk
         2          2 boyes from the office (and a nurse)
US 33b   2+3        a very wrinkled "mail clerk"
US 36    1          miss Quackfaster (no name mentioned?)
WDC 258  4          clerk
         5          3 clerks
US 38    9          some personnel
US 39    1+2        miss Quackfaster (still no name?)
US 44b   4+6        (large bed story) goose clerk called [Dutch Manusje]
US 45    4          female goose-clerk
US 46    1+last     older clerk with glasses called Clerkly
WDC 280  3+4        fat clerk with glasses
US 47    1+5        clerk with glasses called [Dutch Klerks]
US 55    2          a dog-miss
US 61    1-4        clerk with glasses
US 62    1          a dog-miss
         2          a clerk
US 70    7          clerk called [Dutch Klerks] (looks the same as in US 61
                    and elsewhere)

(there's one more PIG-clerk in a Daisy Diary story, but that doesn't count,
I guess)

--Harry.