Duck and cover!

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Tue Jul 20 15:15:36 CEST 1993

Hi all of you!  I've been awfully quiet here for some time, in part
because I've been away on a Donaldist Woodchuck club meeting out in
the country.  Here are some random comments on what has been going on
here:

Uncle Scrooge, His Life and Times
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don> The whole point of the book was to have some artsy-fartsy artist color the
Don> old Dell photostats and make them look "special". Many of us think it was
Don> an interesting idea, but the stories looked weird and murky; I much prefer
Don> the color as it was meant to be, as it was done by Dell.

Harry> I fully agree!

I also like standard comics colouring better than what was in USHLAT,
but the Dell colouring wasn't always that good.  I prefer some Dutch
Disney comics I have and also the current Carl Barks Library in Color
seems to be very well done (I don't have that though, so I haven't
looked at it that closely).

Apropos of that:  I've heard that they will start yet another CBL in
Color series this autumn with "everything else".  Anyone else knows
more about that?

Gladstone
~~~~~~~~~
It's interesting to hear different opinions on the new Gladstones,
even though I haven't gotten any of them yet so I don't have anything
to say myself.  (I want it cheap, not fast.)  But why are they
serializing a Gottfredson story that they already have printed (in an
album)?

Old messages
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Rosa:
>	Harry:
>	Due to that glitch in my CIM, I inadvertantly ERASED your
> $crooge employee list before I could save it. I don't suppose you still
> have it around???? (blush)  Maybe you could just list those few times
> when it looked like it might be the same employee?

He had a copy around and Don has already got it, but I though I might
take this opportunity to mention to you all that it would have worked
out alright anyway since I (as the list admin) save *everything* sent
to the list.  So anytime you happen to lose some message or suddenly
realize that you'd like some message posted last year that you deleted
a long time ago, just send a note telling what you want to
disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se, and I'll send it to you.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"