Digest #56

Larry Gerstein gerstein at math.ucsb.edu
Fri Jul 30 02:10:37 CEST 1993

        Dear All,

        Here's another response, this time to a more recent digest.

        First of all, Murry's "A Lad 'n' His Lamp" printed recently was not
Scrooge and Goofy.  It was Mickey and Goofy.

        Sounds like the 32-page Murry story must be "Culprits Inc." which
was done for the Western PHANTOM BLOT book.  I have seen only one issue of
that, which is Mickey and Donald together against the Blot for the "Crown
of Tasbah."  For a non-Barks story, this one is actually pretty good.  So
we'll see what the other one's like.  (Apparently the P. BLOT run has a
Wild West story in it that's terrible and campy, so you just can't
predict.)

        According to a digest I read, Don Rosa doesn't find Clerkly or Ms.
Quackfaster appearing more than once.  As I mentioned in my other letter,
Clerkly does appear several times, and Ms. Quackfaster has certainly become
a staple in the foreign stories, so I'd say she's worth using.  (And you've
had her before, right, in your stories, Mr. Rosa?)

        Your friend,

        David Gerstein