This and that

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Wed Jun 16 03:04:57 CEST 1993

On Tue, 15 Jun 1993, Per Starback wrote:
> Don Rosa:
> DR> First comment -- what happened to #37-39? Or did I see those long
> DR> ago? A "digest" has not appeared on my feed for about a week or
> DR> more. Did I miss any?
> Probably not.  The list has been very slow lately and there were
> almost five days between the last two digest.  In the earlier one of
> those Wilmer Rivers mentioned some comics dealers' show with a display
> of Carl Barks oil paintings.
> I also saw what someone else wrote on this in another forum (Michael
> Purcell in Comics-L):
> > The main guests were Harlan Ellison, Neil Gaiman, Peter David, and
> > Carl Barks.  There were another 50 or so comic writers and artists
> > that were there representing their titles/companies.  There was a Carl
> > Barks' exhibit of his Disney oil paintings that was just AWESOME!
> Was Barks actually there???  I didn't think he'd ever attend anything
> like that.  (I know that he attended one con, but that was way back in
> '76 or '77, wasn't it?)

Yes he was!  To be precise, it was a seminar sponsored by Diamond (?)
Distribution for comic book retailers.  Don, you were scheduled to appear.
 (That's right!  Carl Barks and Don Rosa!) Did you manage to make it
there, and what were your reactions to the whole show?  What did
Gladstone/Disney announce?

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA