Romano Scarpa & Pete's Trudy

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Mar 11 12:54:28 CET 1993

Rich wrote:
> In this data it listed some of [Romano Scarpa's] creations for
> Mondadori Publishing as includinfg including Brigitta MacBridge,
> Uncle Scrooge's "fiancee"; Jubal Cock, a hustling rival of Old
> McDuck's; Atomino Bip-Bip, an enlarged atom who lived with Mickey
> for a while; Dickie Duck, Glittering Goldie's teen-age niece; and
> Trudy, Peg-leg Pete's partner in life and crime.
>
> Werer any of these characters continuing characteres or were they
> "one-shots" and if continuing, do you feel they are noteworthy
> enough to be listed in my listing of Disney Characters.

We now have an Italian subscriber to the list, so I guess he can give
better answers, but I have seen at least Brigitta MacBridge and Trudy
several times.  If you're gonna include recurring Italian characters
you should put Rockerduck there as well.  He is created by Barks but
Barks used him only in one story.  The Italians have taken a fancy to
him though, and use him very often as a rich rival of Scrooge's, much
the same way as Barks and his followers use Flintheart Glomgold.

By the way, what has happened to Italian Disney comics in later years?
The latest thing I heard was that Mondadori lost their license to make
Disney comics and that Disney took over the production themselves, in
the same way that happened in the USA a couple of years later.  Is
that correct?  What effect did that have on the stories?  Did the same
artists, e.g., Marco Rota, keep doing stories, but for Disney instead?
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"