Duck family tree

Jamal Hannah jamal at silver.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Mar 24 18:43:47 CET 1993

Hi. I seem to remember having a couple issues of "Donald Duck's Family Album"
.. a Disney Comic that came out in the early 1960's, published by Dell
(Western Publishing), and drawn by a rather lousy (in my opinion)
artist.  (I could probly track the name down if I had some Gladstone
Digests handy, but I dont..)  Anyway, I don't suppose the "Family Album"
comic ever answered some of these family questions?

In addition, let's remember that Disney most likly did what alot of
comic and cartoon-writers have done.  They make some characters and
indicate that they are vaguely related, and later on when people show
interest, they find that they have to "tie" everything together loosely.
Marvel and DC do this with their comic "Universes" as well, and it's bloody
confusing.

The same problem came up concerning Uncle Scrooge's age.  (Some of you
may remember how one perticular date changes in a reprint of "Only
a Poor old Man", when Scrooge is relating a story to Donald... or
was that a different story?  the Terra Firmy one?  Or mabye the Golden
Fleace?  Bleah.)

  - JH