languages

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Tue Mar 30 17:29:11 CEST 1993

Andreas writes:

> Hi, you guys,
> Let's try to get Disney-names in as many different languages as possible!

That's a good idea, since there are a lot of different languages on the list
now..

> I'll make a humble start....

And I'll fill in a few data....
(In the legend to the Dutch Index on ftp, I listed some Dutch heroes with
their English names...)

English        | Dutch        | Flemish        | German            | Italian
Donald Duck    | Donald Duck  | Donald Duck    | Donald Duck       | Paperino
Mickey Mouse   | Mickey Mouse | Mickey Mouse   | Micky [sic] Mouse | Topolino
Black Pete     | Boris Boef   | Zwarte Pier    |                   |
Uncle Scrooge  | Oom Dagobert | Oom Jeremias   | Onkel Dagobert    | Zio Paperone
Huey           | Kwik         | Loeki          | Tick              | Qui
Dewey          | Kwek         | Joost          | Trick             | Qua (?)
Louie          | Kwak         | Victor         | Track             | Quo
Daisy Duck     | Katrien Duck | Daisy          | Daisy             |
Gyro Gearloose | Willie Wortel| Giro Giroscoop | Daniel Duesentrieb| Archimede
Little Helper  | Lampje       |                | Helferchen (?)    |
Duckburg       | Duckstad     |                | Entenhausen       |
Money Bin      | Geldpakhuis  |                |                   |
Cornelius Coot | Cornelis Prul| Cornelius Koet |                   |

(If we add more languages, like Swedish, we will need another format...)

--Harry.

(send your Barks top-5 before next tuesday)