[Don Rosa: Re: Disney comics mailing list digest #3]

Per Starb{ck starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Sat May 1 04:14:32 CEST 1993

[I have redirected this piece of mail from Don that got to me instead
of the list. /PS]

	Here's some comments on an old digest that I must not have read thoroughly. A few remarks from Per Starbuck about my defining "facts"
in the $crooge series.
	I did need to tell the story of $crooge earning the #1 dime, and before I decided what that tale might be, I at least LOOKED at that
boring old Strobl/? tale and saw the bit where he's a shoeshine boy chipping mud off a ditchdigger's boots. I feel no obligation to
stick to anything in a non-Barks story... BUT $crooge as a shoeshine boy as his first job seemed quite appropo, so I stuck with it.
The trick was coming up with a reason for him to be paid with an American dime when he would still have been in Scotland.

	And as for Barks changing details of characters' histories from their very earliest appearances, I don't see Gladstone as being a
nephew as an example of that. I figure he only calls $crooge "Uncle $crooge" since it's sorta his title (after all, that's the name
of his comic even). In truth, Gladstone is NOT a relative of $crooge McDuck Gladstone is the son of $crooge's sister's sister-in-law.
Is that a relative?