"Undeliverable mail"; relations; ownership

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu May 6 18:08:30 CEST 1993

Undeliverable mail
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Rosa:
> Why do I sometimes get "returned, undeliverable mail" in my E-mail
> box? It's my replies to these digests, and it seems that my replies
> are included in the next digest, so I don't know what was
> "undeliverable".

This is something that I guess several posters to the list might have
been wondering about.  What's happening is that there's something
wrong with one or two of the ~50 addresses the message gets sent to,
so the mailer programs *at that site* sends back a "bounce message" to
whomever sent that message to inform them.  Of course it would be
better if I got all those bounce messages instead, but I don't know if
there's anything I can do about it.  If you want to steer them to me,
just add a header line

to your messages.  Of course I try to change or sometimes remove
erroneous addresses in the subscription list every time I get one of
those bounce messages, so I hope they are not too frequent.

Relationships in Race to the South Seas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don> I can't recall what the second phrase was in the story...
Don> something about $crooge being somebody's brother or such... but
Don> it is clearly contradictory to the previous line and should be
Don> ignored.

Aren't you referring to the very line I quoted where Gladstone Gander
is said to be son of Scrooge McDuck's sister-in-law, which is a
contradiction only if you can't call your sister's [proper]
sister-in-law a sister-in-law.  English is not my first language, so I
have no opinion really, but at least Torsten seemed to think that
possible.

Anyway, it's pretty clear how they are related in that story, and it
agrees with Barks's tree too.

Don> ALL will be clear when my Tree is printed throughout the
Don> Egmont countries in a few weeks.

You never mentioned what other changes you made to Barks's tree except
using Della instead of Thelma as the name of Donald's sister, but I
guess I'll get to know that anyway then.  Do you happen to know which
week?

Ownership of stories etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sure, it would be great if Barks had gotten the rewards of the
popularity of his stories instead of Western or Disney etc., but I
don't see why that would make anyone upset about Disney publishers
publishing a story as Barks intended it *instead of* the censored
version?  They would have been making money off Barks whatever version
of whatever story they printed, but this way they tried to give the
readers something extra and they treated Barks's story in a better way
than it'd ever been treated before.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at student.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"