Strobl et al. stories

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu May 13 18:46:03 CEST 1993

Wilmer Rivers wrote, about Strobl, Moores, DeLara, Bradbury, Murry:

> I'll throw this one out to the group: what are your favorite stories by
> those authors?

My favourite Strobl story: the "Whammy" story, where Donald joins a
scottish contest with his very strong nephew.

My favourite Murry story: hm... I have to think about that... (I *do* like
many Murry stories. I think Murry's best work is better than a lot of
Gottfredson's.)

I don't have a favourite for the other artists... their work is not
worth reading twice.

I'm surprised that Don Rosa likes the artwork of Jack Bradbury. Personally,
I don't like all those black noses...
Jack Bradbury penciled a lot of stories for the "Foreign market" - not
printed at all in the USA. Those stories were awful most of the time, so
maybe that's why I dislike Bradbury's art...

--Harry.

Harry Fluks                      ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
PTT Research, Leidschendam (NL)   (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
"Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"