The Gottfredson Quote Quiz

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Fri May 14 23:44:47 CEST 1993

	Dear Folks,

	You've seen the Barks quote quiz, now let's see how much of
"Mouse Master" Floyd Gottfredson's work sticks in your head.  This
quiz has 13 questions like Per's last Barks quote quiz.  What you
have to do is stupefyingly simple (I'll explain in case someone who
gets this has joined the net after the conclusion of that Barks
quiz last week).  Just do your best to identify which story each
quote comes from.  I guess I'll be lenient, but it's also impressive
to see if you know what character said it or which situation it
appeared in.  I'm under the impression that a lot of people here may
like FG's stuff, but have not tried to be completists or as ravenous
as for Barks, so I'm starting out with a collection of quotes that
are ONLY from stories that Gladstone, Disney, and (in one case)
Abbeville, in the last 10 years have printed.  I've also only used
quotes from long adventures, the shorter stories and Sunday pages
being less well-known.

	Also, another hint and a bit of a spike to the punch:  one
of the quotes is actually from a well-known MM strip done BEFORE
Gottfredson worked on MM.

	And a note:  I went from memory on a few of the quotes, so one
or two of them may be a word or two off.  They should be completely
identifiable, however.

	I'll add up the number of correct IDs given for each quote.
If only one person gets the question, they get a full point.  If three
get it, each gets a third of a point, and so forth.  In the end, I'll
add up the number of partial points for each question.  Whoever gets
the most points, or parts of points, will be the winner of the
contest.

	And the quotes are:

1. "Boy!  A box!  Another minute and that cannibal tom cat would be
picking me out of his teeth!"

2. "Alas, pore Nell, I knowed her well-ll...."

3. "At last a faint light begins to flicker through the cracks in my
dome!"

4. "Wait till Lindy sees this airship!  HeUll be so jealous -- he'll
*resign* from the army!"

5. "It tells der whole story in a shelled nut!"

6. "What a peculiar language these natives speak!"

7. "Too many dynamitoruses... and not enuff rabbits!"

8. "I'll turn on this gas and end it once and for all!  ...Goodbye,
Minnie!  Goodbye, cruel world!"

9. "I t'ink zat we shall throw zem for a loop, eh?"

10. "Tell 'im de rest, Shyster!  He won't live t' tell nobody!"

11. "Crazy inventors!  Machines that won't work!  I can feel a
headache starting already!"

12. "Excuse my glove!"

13. "Just because I'm a *girl*, that's no sign I'm a *coward!*"

	Folks, the deadline to enter is a week from now, Friday,
May 21st.  I'm sorry that I can't give you longer, but I'm going to be
going home from college for the summer and will have a new e-mail
address at that time.  Things will get chaotic.  Thus, I have to get
this over with before I leave Williams.

	Send your responses to:  --->  David.A.Gerstein at Williams.edu

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein