Comics are for 2 year olds?

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri May 28 15:28:39 CEST 1993

Don Rosa wrote to me:
> 	Now hold on just a darn minute. I know my artwork is not very polished
> or professional... but it's all my extra detail and depth of atmosphere that
> makes MY artwork more interesting and entertaining to the older readers than
> all that simplistic Disney-esque art from Vicar and the like! I know where
> my artistic faults are, but I also know for a fact that it's the older
> readers who are my boosters.
> If you're reflecting Tom Roep's opinion, I know he's dead wrong on THAT count!

What I wrote is what I think is Thom Roep's opinion. Personally, I like
your artwork (especially your Egmont stories).

I think most people in Holland still don't know who made which story,
even when they heard about a guy named Barks. It's no Scandinavia here...
Maybe it's time that someone publishes an article about Rosa in a Dutch comic
fanzine...

But.. I like Vicar's artwork, too. His work has improved the last 2 or 3
years! One time, I caught myself believing a panel was Barks's, while
it was in fact a Vicar panel.
His "Eurodisney" stories are very good (I'm talking about the *drawings*, not
the scripts!)

--Harry.