Life and Death of Scrooges family.

Geir.Hasnes@DELAB.SINTEF.no Geir.Hasnes at DELAB.SINTEF.no
Wed Nov 10 08:32:08 CET 1993

Fredrik wroteabout Lo$ 9:
>The only thing I'm wondering
>now is; how did the kids react to this? What about your kids, Geir?

As is usual, we spared the comic book until bedtime when it arrived some
days ago. And we really enjoyed the whole thing. I was quite impressed
about the ending scene with Scrooges fathers death and I was very glad that
the death was handled in such a well-balanced and nice way. I would also
like to point out that Scrooges father and mother pointed out that their
work with the children now had ended, so now it was possible for them to
pass away.

My children enjoyed the story, as is usual, and we got a very good talk
about death and what comes after this life, and about what is told us about
eternal life and Heaven and the natural way of dying in old age. So it was
moving for me to be able to talk with them about such things out of a comic
book. Thank you so much, Don, for doing that scene. The earlier scene where
Scrooge for a short moment enters Heaven and talks with his forefathers was
a fun depiction of Heaven viewed from the McDuck family viewpoint, but not
with the depth of this scene.

Geir Hasnes