DUCK DAZE -- VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Tue Nov 16 15:46:48 CET 1993

David,

I think you are blowing this way out of proportion.  The comics Duck world
and the TV/movie Duck world have always been, and will always be, two
separate animals.  I didn't let my love of Barks and Co. diminsh my enjoy-
ment of the first season of "DuckTales".  There were some damn fine episodes
in there, I don't care what anybody else says.

>>When Barks
>>left the Studio the consistency of the cartoons disappeared, and DD
>>became a character who in many cartoons merely played a role.  In one
>>later cartoon ("Donald's Diary", 1954) the nephews actually played the
>>roles of Daisy's little brothers!

There has never been any consistency in any of the Disney shorts, ever.  All
of the animated characters were playing roles; these were not glimpses into
their private lives.  Even in the earliest Donald shorts, he went from
playing an adult with a job ("Donald's Ostrich") to a child who had to go to
school ("Donald's Better Self").  The "Wonderful World of Disney" TV show
emphasized that the 'toons were just playing roles by showing them 'behind
the scenes', etc.  One entire episode is about Walt trying to get Donald into
the studio to film a new cartoon.

I don't know the solution to getting Disney comics more exposure to the mass
public, but this isn't the way to do it.  Let the "Disney Afternoon" and
Disney Comics go their separate ways.

Andy