Aloha!

Chris Lawton clawton at TFS.COM
Wed Nov 17 19:53:00 CET 1993

"Hiya" to everybody new to the list! (and all the old-timers, too!)

A quick question:

    What kind of personal indexing system does everybody use? I think for now,
    that I'm just going to use Excel to catalog issues that I have.  But
    what kind of information do you like to have?

And a couple of comments:

    I'm also a sometimes reader/poster to rec.arts.disney.  I find that I have
    mixed feelings about the comments by Don Rosa.  I find that I skip over
    ~95% of the articles.  I agree with Don that most of the bandwidth there
    is wasted (i.e. "Oh - Ariel is sooo cute!" for hundreds of messages gets
    very boring!) and the posters to the group could tone it down just a bit.

    However, I do like to know about some of the behind the scenes stuff that
    the Cast Members post about.  So you just have to learn to tolerate the
    overhead stuff to get to the stuff you really want to see.  So the point
    is is that the group is not a total waste of time.

    Though I do think Chip 'n Dale are cute, and so is Mickey, you don't have
    to let it get out-of-hand.

    I also think that everything Disney should not be lumped into one group.
    Disney Animation is NOT Disney Comics!  Just as Superman Comics are not
    the same as the Superman TV/Movies.  I, personally, have enjoyed TailSpin,
    (and the TailSpin Movie) and especially like Darkwing Duck.  But these
    are NOT animated comics!

    But on to some comic related stuff:  Did anyone ever let Gladstone know
    about this list?  In a recent printed letter in DDA #23, someone asked
    how they can get in touch with other Disney Comics readers - and no
    mention of us!

    Lastly, is there new Mickey stuff being produced?  I haven't looked at the
    credits recently and since I still pretty green to comics I just don't
    know.

Chris		Mickey's #1 Fan!! :) :)

P.S.   Don - If you feel a little unappriecated by the folks at Disney, please
       try to not let it get you down.  There's still lots of people who do
       like the work you do here in the U.S.