Aloha!

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Thu Nov 18 09:35:23 CET 1993

Maybe you can explain why you spell your English like (you do). Is this really
how they speak English in Sweden? ...asked Harry Fluks

No - of course not; I'm interested in languages and dialects, and I'm basically
just fooling around, trying to capture in letters various English or American
idioms, as I hear them in films or on records, or read them in books OR in
comics! For instance Don Rosa's work is FULL of these idiomatic spellings -
although he is much, much better at it than I am - and he should be! It's after
all HIS language. I'm sorry if it bothers you, and I'll try to restrain myself
at least marginally, but I can't promise to be a good boy ALL of the time,
really - sorry!

Oh, and by the way: Dutch is actually one of my favourite languages, and one I
wish I could speak, but there aren't too many places in Sweden where they teach
it... One day, though, I'll have a go at it, I hope!

Mattias