Aloha!

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Thu Nov 18 16:33:39 CET 1993

>Tom Tonida said:
>
>Chris Lawton said:
>>    I'm also a sometimes reader/poster to rec.arts.disney.  I find that I have
>>    mixed feelings about the comments by Don Rosa.  I find that I skip over
>>    ~95% of the articles.  I agree with Don that most of the bandwidth there
>>    is wasted (i.e. "Oh - Ariel is sooo cute!" for hundreds of messages gets
>
>I can agree with this, and I do the FAQ for that group.  Still, there is
>some valuable information there, if you can find it. :-)  I worry for
>the future of the Internet (there's a million new members a month)-
>these days, the same subjects come up often (I could make the FAQ
>longer, as if 150K isn't big enough ;-)), 90% of some messages are included
>from previous messages, etc. etc.  But there are some Disney insiders
>there (and on the FLORIDA forum on Compuserve) which make it generally
>worthwhile (plus I'm writing some custom software to help me weed info
>out).  It's nice to have the quiet little Disney Comics mailing list
>to turn to (though what's with all the "subscribe me please" messages
>sent to the list recently?!? :-(  Yeah, I know.)

Didja know that I created rec.arts.disney?  Yep, I proposed it, sent out
the calls for discussion, did the vote, the whole shebang.  It did not
quite turn out the way I envisioned it.  I expected a lot more discussion
on comics and Disney's classic animation, not the current stuff.  I collect
Disney classic animation (shorts, movies, public service films, etc.),
Disney CDs, Disney books (a signed edition of _Disney Animation: The Illusion
of Life_ is one of my prized possessions), Disney comics and Disney LPs.  I
was hoping other collectors would also post, talking about things they are
looking for, swapping cartoons, selling items, and the like.  I also enjoy
going to the parks now and then, and inside info on places to go and things
to do was also encouraged.  These were the types of topics I was hoping to
see discussed.  When the newsgroup started, it wasn't too bad.  Now I read
about 5% of the messages.  There is way too much talk about sales figures for
video tapes, lusting after voice actresses, a make believe "Future Disney
Council", Eisner's salary, song parodies, etc.

Oh well, all newsgroups have there share of noise.  Why should this one be
any different?

I was also one of the original subscribers to this mailing list (Per saw
some of my Disney comics posts on r.a.d. and r.a.comics) and haven't
regretted it a bit.  Sure we go off of the beaten path on occasion (like
now), but I know a letter chock full o' good stuff is just around the
corner.  Unfortunately, r.a.d. has bigger corners.

=     Andrew Krieg      |                                               =
= krieg at ct.med.ge.com   |  Treguna   Mekoides   Trecorum   Satis   Dee  =
=          or           |                                               =
= krieg at point.cs.uwm.edu|                                   - Astoroth  =