+Postage Due+Disney-comics digest #116.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 4 19:47:05 CET 1993

HEY, PER! Whatsaidea? I thought you once said that long indexes like
David's of the past few Digests wouldn't be included in the Digests but
be available for one and all in the files. My computer only allows me to
page through such massive bodies of text veerrry sloooowly... and I
hafta pay extra to read all that stuff. Such indexes are absolutely
wonderful and I marvel at the work that goes into them -- but must they
be included in the Digests???

	Henri is asking about POSTERS of my work. Such posters would
need to come from Gladstone, but Gladstone only holds the local license
for COMIC BOOKS. Posters are something else. They are not allowed to
produce posters. Even Disney Comics couldn't produce posters since they
themselves couldn't violate a license they'd granted to anothr company
somewhere. I'm sure there are some Duck fans who'd like to see poster
versions of my Donald Duck Family Tree that has appeared in Norway -- I
know I'd sure like to have a version with names I recognize hanging on
my wall, too! But I see no possibility of that or posters of any of my
art coming from whoever holds sucha license. For instance, my Duck
family tree is based NOT on the Disney Ducks, per se, but on the DELL
Ducks... the BARKS Ducks... the COMIC BOOK Ducks... which are completely
different. No company besides Gladstone would seek to produce such a
piece of work, and even if they did, none of their contacts at Disney
could help them do so (since no one at Disney knows anything about the
Dell Ducks). So, posters of comic book Duck art or ideas would seem to
me to be an impossibility. The only chance MIGHT be for Gladstone to
produce a tiny, folded-up poster as an insert in a comic -- I think the
license would allow them to produce such an item if it were not sold
separately or was not as big as a full-size "poster" (whatever that size
is). We'll see if they can do that.