Cover Art

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Mon Oct 4 23:52:15 CET 1993

On Mon, 4 Oct 1993, Chris Lawton wrote:
> After reading the latest issue of Uncle S.  it brought up the question in my
> mind about the cover art.
> How come the cover seems to have only a minor tie-in to the stories?  When
> did this practice start?  It would seem to me that whoever drew the story art
> would also do the cover but this does not seem to be the practice.
> For example on the latest US, he seems to be visiting some sort of amusment
> park.  But the story had nothing to do with that.

Well, considering most of the old U$ covers from Dell and Gold Key, it
would seem that this is the "traditional" way to do it.  I don't have the
Photo Journal Guide to Comics in front of me, so I can't take a census of
which had generic covers and which had story covers.  Anyone out there
care to answer this?

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA