Reply to message from OLE (about 1 year ago)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu Oct 7 12:03:36 CET 1993

Ole, or Roc, or Orn, or whoever, wrote:
> Yes, "my" index is actually Martin Olsen's, at least until 1982. (...)
> The problem with spreading this is a trifle matter of typing it all in. I
> don't dare to hope that a scanner could handle my claw. But OK, half a day's
> work here and half a night's there... Where should it go? I know Harry would
> like it.

I would LOVE it, but I didn't know you had to type it all in! Know what you
are doing: it took me 4 hours to index one year of Dutch DD!

> ...the Dutch Donald Duck...
> All we get are Mau Heymans'
> shorts, and I find them very amusing. There was a self-portrait (on a wanted
> poster, where else?) in H 90022, the firebrigadehose<...>factory.

No, that's not a self-portrait, it's a portrait of Ed van Schuijlenburg, the
Dutch 'Art director'. He is the 'boss' of all the Dutch artists, so to say.

> What's r.a.d.? Research and Development? Radical Anarchist Devices??

rec.arts.disney, one of the news groups on Usenet. Mostly discussing movies
and theme parks; all the comics fans are on disney-comics...
(And now you're going to ask: what is Usenet?)

> I have noticed a pattern in the autobiographies submitted by list members.
> Now that we know how many employees of General Electric are on this list, it
> would be interesting to know the Aquarius frequency. Would too!

I'm a Gemini. But I don't practice it.

--Harry.