"Super Snooper" and Unn Printz-P}hlson

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at j-sek.lu.se
Mon Oct 11 13:03:32 CET 1993

Hi there!

I certainly do LIKE "Super Snooper Strikes Again"; and for reason of it's wry
but oh so accurate (and scathingly funny) comments on subject material, plot
and characters in superhero vs funny-animal comics; however, Don, I think you
do Barks some unjustice when you claimthat his original story is but gags: he
too comments wryly the current situation of comic books, albeit in the fifties;
when he has the moral of the story turn around how kids oughtn't leave comic
books for parents to find since parents obviously can't handle 'em. This is
about the raging 1950s debate on the dangers of comic books, istn't it?!

And about Unn's last name: it should of course be Printz-P}hlson (not Pahlson
with an "a" but with an "}"; and I wonder how that last letter turned out on
your screens? It should be the (mainly) Scandinavian letter "a with a little
ring above it" and the name is pronounced (approx.) "Paulson" - it is actually
the same name, with a different spelling.

Just thought I'd set ya wise!

Mattias Hallin (no funny spelling in that name, though)