One more thing

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Thu Oct 28 02:36:03 CET 1993

	Dear Folks,

	A few other things in Geir's letter, which I didn't get to
comment on before.

	First... The Taliaferro softback book series was thrown off
the press here because Disney refused to let some strips involving
Indians be reprinted... sound familiar?  They still stand firm... see
my letter in DD 282.  The cover that had been drawn for the aborted
1938 collection was just used on DD 281.

	I would be interested in forking over that ten bucks for a
copy of the 1938 volume you mention... can you give an address?

	And as for the complete Gottfredson you mention... that isn't
the English Gottfredson Library that Horst Schroder did, is it?  What
language *do* you have the stories in?  And do you know if they're
uncut?  (For example, Mondadori's version of "MM and his Horse
Tanglefoot," used in 'complete Gottfredson' series in Germany and
France, actually has a month's worth of strips chopped out!  If what
you have is that version... it's still incomplete.)

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein