Layout

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Oct 28 12:12:39 CET 1993

Don Rosa wrote:
> I asked whether my use of a single panel page at the end of "Life
> and Times of $crooge McDuck" might be the first in a Disney comic...
> what I meant was the first single panel page in the interior of a
> story. There WERE some single panel splash pages, such as the
> CHRISTMAS PARADE story someone mentioned, and the more famous splash
> from VACATION PARADE #1.

Oops, I forgot about that one.  Probably because in Sweden the story
has been printed with that splash page as the cover of the book, so
I've been thinking of it as a cover, not as a page of the story.

Still I sort of referred to that very story when I said that their
only are three times Barks's pages can't be divided neatly in two
half-pages, because that is the case once more in Vacation Parade #1.
This story has pretty unusual page layouts even in other respects.
The remaining case I know of is "No Such Varmint" where the sea
monster is too big too fit some other way.
--
Per