The Phantom of Notre Duck

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Wed Sep 8 20:27:21 CEST 1993

Last week I bought an old issue of Uncle Scrooge.  It contained the
first printing of 'The Phantom of Notre Duck'.  The artwork and the
story telling make me almost positive that it was done by Carl Barks.
Was this written and drawn by Carl Barks?

If so, I think it is the worst Barks' story I've ever read.  It never
explains why a duplicate of Notre Dame is in Duckburg.  It never
explains who the phantom is and why he looks like he does.  HD&L's
dog magically appears in the second half of the story.

What do others think of this story?

| James Williams                           |
| Bitnet: JWW%ESS%NIAID at NIH3PLUS.BITNET    |
| Internet: JWW at ESS.NIAID.PC.NIAID.NIH.GOV |
| CompuServ: 70304,2462                    |