Back to School, + updates

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Fri Sep 17 16:23:55 CEST 1993

On Thu, 9 Sep 1993, David A Gerstein wrote:
> 	Dear Folks,
> 	So if the person who used to type in CBG Gladstone ads could
> do that again if something interesting appears, I'd be *very*
> thankful.

Sure, Dave, but remember that a lot of the ads are either repeats, or are
selling something else, such as Disney cels, so don't worry if I don't
send anything for a while.

> 	My fellow Gottfredson fans might be interested by the CAV
> laser disc boxed set coming in November, "Mickey Mouse:  The Original
> Black-and-White Cartoons."  It includes about 1/2 the entries from
> that period (a second set will finish them off next year) including
> "Two-Gun Mickey" (which inspired "The Bat Bandit"), "The Mad Doctor"
> (which inspired "Blaggard Castle"), "Plane Crazy" (which inspired
> "Lost on a Desert Island"), "Camping Out" ("Dr. Oofgay's Secret
> Serum") and many others.  These are my personal favorite animated
> cartoons, and I think anyone who hasn't seen them is missing a trove
> of treasure suitable for Scrooge McDuck's money bin.

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Disney has finally seen the light!

Can a boxed set of Disney academy award nominated shorts be in the works?
How about a chronological CAV boxed set series?

(I wonder if they will release The Golden Touch, the only short directed
by Disney (after Disney started making talkies).  Never heard of it?
There's a very good reason.  Disney, while a creative person and shrewd
businessman, was also a terrible animation director.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA