Replies part 6

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Sep 24 16:01:23 CEST 1993

David:
> 	Ole Reichstein:  Swell to hear that someone's found "my"
> stories (i. e. the Danish/Dutch stories I've translated).  Sadly, I
> still haven't dug up the code numbers for any others, but I can give
> summaries of a few... maybe you'll know them.

I found some:

> 	"The Hoard at the Rainbow's End" (Verhagen) (Donald travels to
> the Oriental country of Onamatapang in search of an empress' treasure)

H 84133, 20 pages, text by Jan Kruse.

> 	"Bornworthy's Job" (Branca, circa issue 51.89) (Bornworthy is
> trained to deliver mail to snowbound miners)

D 88121, 8 pages.

> 	"Bugged by Humbug" (Verhagen) (Donald is swindled by a phony
> exterminator)

H 86117, 10 pages.

> 	B'dee-b'dee-b'dee... That's all, Folks!
>
> 	(Don't get after me for that last bit... Barks did do a Porky
> Pig story, after all!  And he sure does a *good* Porky!)

The story was good, but the art wasn't all Barks! The editor let someone
else redraw all the heads of Porky, Petunia and Bugs, because Barks's heads
weren't good enough! That's one reason that Barks never did a Porky Pig
again.

--Harry.