How much does $crooge have in his money bin?

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sat Apr 2 21:34:59 CEST 1994

On Sat, 02 Apr 1994 12:01:05 +1200,
adair_t at kosmos.wcc.govt.nz  <adair_t at kosmos.wcc.govt.nz> wrote:

TORSTEN ADAIR Writes:

>	This reminds me of a subject which I haven't seen here yet.  How much
>money is in Scrooge's moneybin?

Torsten:

I remember a reference in a '50s Scrooge story where he quotes his net
worth as "9 Fantasticatillion, 40 Billion Jillion Centrificalion dollars
and 16 cents."  Or something like that.  I can't remember exactly which
story that appeared in, but maybe someone else knows.

Now the first question I have is what do those units translate to in units
we are familiar with; secondly, does that represent his total worth or
just what is in the bin?

Another way to determine Scrooge's wealth is may be by volumne.  The volume
of money is referred to as being "3 cubic acres" which again is an
unfamiliar unit of measure.  Now an acre is a square mesure consisting of
43,560 square feet.  A square plot containing an acre would be approx.
208.7 feet squared.  We might guess that a "cubic acre" would be 208.7 feet
cubed, or 9.09 million cubic feet.  So $crooges bin is about 27.3 million
cubic feet (773 million liters).

Scrooges bin appears to be mainly filled with coins with bills
intermixed.  I don't have any idea as to what the average foot of money
would be worth.  Anyone care to guess?

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I found my thrill on Killmotor hill..."   $crooge McDuck