Mickey Mouse View-Master Reels

Andrew Krieg 5-5379 krieg at ct.med.ge.com
Mon Apr 4 17:31:36 CEST 1994

I just noticed a set of Mickey Mouse View-Master Reels based on Floyd
Gottfredson stories.  There were 3 reels in the set, each reel being a
different story.  The 3 stories were "Mail Pilot", "The Phantom Blot"
and "Blaggard Castle."  I didn't buy the set, so I don't know if they
used actual Gottfredson art, or redrew the panels (probaly the latter).

I was really surprised to see this though.  Usually, Mickey's cartoons
are used for these sets.  Anyone have any inside info as to why they
went to the Gottfredson strips?