How much money does Scrooge have in his money bin

Fabio Gadducci gadducci at DI.UniPi.IT
Mon Apr 4 19:38:33 CEST 1994

Dwight wrote:

>Years and years ago, I wrote a semi-serious article on this
>subject for The Comics Journal.

[...]

>        This is all speculative nonsense, of course, and when the
>article appeared, several people complained about my arbitrary
>assumption that the money bin could be thought of as containing
>nothing but quarters.  I didn't mean for it to be taken
>seriously; I just needed a firm peg to hang the calculations on.
>Oddly enough, a couple of years after the article appeared, I got
>a check out of nowhere from a French comics magazine that had
>translated and printed it...

The magazine was Metal Hurlant, Heavy Metal in the American and Italian
edition. Btw, that article appeared also in Italy, in the sixth issue of
Heavy Metal, and I read it when I was quite younger.
Did you get paid for that reprint, too, Dwight? ;-)

Fabio

Fabio Gadducci            Dip. di Informatica
Home: +39-50-541725       Universita` di Pisa
Off.: +39-50-887268       Corso Italia 40, 56100 PISA (ITALY)
FAX:  +39-50-887226       E-mail:gadducci at di.unipi.it