John Baker on Scrooge's house

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Tue Apr 5 06:30:54 CEST 1994

	Dear John (and everyone),

	You could be right about Scrooge's house.  The story you mean
where he converts the money into pure bills is one where he's up
against Flintheart Glomgold -- "The Money Champ," right?

	Yeah, I think there may be a few one-page gags that give
Scrooge a normal house, too.  (Like one where he paints a policeman on
his window to decoy a burglar outside -- I think the house is shown.)

	In any event, I imagine Scrooge as living in a mansion now.  I
imagine that he needs it to impress other posh businessmen for whom
style is everything.  That doesn't mean, of course, that he's going to
actually WALK on the rugs and things in the place -- no use damaging
their value when he could someday sell them if he was in, say, a
Glomgold money competition and needed to break everything into cash!

	I'm wondering what kind of home Don Rosa envisions Scrooge as
having.  I know that Van Horn has depicted McDuck as having a mansion
in... and out... of Ducktales stories.

	Ah, well...

	Your friend,

	David Gerstein