Disney-comics digest #292.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Thu Apr 7 10:18:23 CEST 1994

MIKKO:

I wrote:
> In the Gyro story in Uncle Scrooge 13, Morty and Ferdie appeared (and Grandma
> appeared in that story, too).

Mikko:
>      I don't know if I have these stories, but I have seen single
>      panels in Finnish DDs. In the panel that featured Grandma and M&F,
>      Grandma is driving with electric car.

This must be the U$13 story I meant. Probably published in Finland somewhere
near AA 13-1956.

>        Zeke Wolf appeared in 'A Whole Herd Of Help' and in 'Sheepish
>      Cowboys'. (According to our publisher.)

And those are indeed from Grandma Duck's Farm Friends, not written, but only
drawn by Barks.

>      When I browsed thru my brothers DDs, I found out that in '91
>      our publisher got special permission to print 'Donald as milkman'
>      Barks story. Is it still banned or something.

This story has been published (at last) in Disney Comics' WDC 550. In Holland,
it was reprinted in 1974 (for the first time ever anywhere), without
some kind of special permission. I don't think the story is banned in any
way.

>      And how about
>      'Marco Polo'. Our publisher printed it in 'I, $crooge McDuck'
>      hardcover, but it's only in the first print of that book.

That is (or was) a "black list" story, not to be reprinted ever. Apparently,
they make exceptions for special Barks libraries, like Another Rainbow's CBL
and the Dutch one.

BILL SAWYER:

>     Please unsubscribe me from the Disney Comics list.  I've enjoyed
> reading the list, but I just don't have the time to contribute the way I
> should.

Let me repeat that there is absolutely NO obligation to contribute ANYTHING
to this list! Just reading the messages is OK! (If _every_ member of the list
would mail messages too, there would be no time to read it all! 8-)

DAVID:
> 	I'd sure like to see a complete FG library in English, but I
> doubt it will happen anywhere (...)

As I said before, there IS a complete FG library in English, issued by
Horst Schro"der (in Sweden, I think).

--Harry.