Rosa Fanzine Work

Mark Mayerson mayerson at sidefx.sidefx.com
Thu Apr 7 15:47:14 CEST 1994

Don,

It may be true that you did stories in fanzines 15 years ago and
nobody seemed to care.  However, I assert that your name is far better
known now than it was then.  Certainly that is the case in Europe.
I submit that if you started to do stories of your own characters now,
they would sell better than they did 15 years ago.

Who heard of Todd McFarlane before he did Spider-man?  Using his reputation
from that comic, he started Spawn.  I'm advocating that you do the same
thing.

You will never start out with the same emotional attachment to characters
that you do to the ducks.  However, your emotional attachment to new
characters might grow over time.  Perhaps most importantly, you'll have
a financial attachment that will definitely grow over time.

Maybe the best answer is to write one issue of Spawn and retire.