Rosa Fanzine Work

Kwok Hung IP ipkh at marge.cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Apr 7 18:31:48 CEST 1994

>Don,
>
>It may be true that you did stories in fanzines 15 years ago and
>nobody seemed to care.  However, I assert that your name is far better
>known now than it was then.  Certainly that is the case in Europe.
>I submit that if you started to do stories of your own characters now,
>they would sell better than they did 15 years ago.
>
>Who heard of Todd McFarlane before he did Spider-man?  Using his reputation
>from that comic, he started Spawn.  I'm advocating that you do the same
>thing.

>Mark Mayerson				Side Effects Software Inc.,
>Internet:  mayerson at sidefx.com          Toronto, Ontario, Canada
>					(416) 366-4607

Although I've never seen your work in the fanzines, may I ask you what
they were about?  If by any chance they were about anthromorphic
animals, there is a market out there.  God knows how much I love your
ducks, Usagi and the TMNT.

Maybe you can give it a try with a sample of your work at some indy
company.  How about...Dark Horse; seems they'll print anything with some
quality to it and you have to admit that you have a talent.  We'll never
know until you try it.

Cheers...