Duck Psychoanalysis!

Sigurdur Hrafn Gislason shg at rhi.hi.is
Fri Apr 8 13:24:59 CEST 1994

Don't duck artists have to follow some general guidelines concerning
duck character attributes? Of course they must since the characters
are so consistent between stories...and yet not.
Sometimes the ducks act so utterly out of character that it hurts.
Let me try if I can pinpoint Donalds most obvious characteristics.

Donald Duck:
Hot-tempered (goes without saying)
Law-abiding (except when he is driving)
Vain (always wants bigger and better to impress others)
Sport fan (at least here in Europe, he constantly goes to soccer matches)
Caring for his family
Lazy
In love with Daisy (though other girls may catch his eye)
Loves fishing
Uneducated
Unlucky (think I nearly forgot that one)
Poor (Nearly forgot that one too!)

Uncle Scrooge

HD&L

Daisy

etc.

I think that covers most of his attributes. Now I realise that you guys
are much more into these characters so please continue my analysis on
our heroes. I would like to see if I forgot something about Donald or if
your ideas on him and the other ducks differ from mine.

--Sig