Ducks, mice and other critters...

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Apr 11 02:56:55 CEST 1994

James Williams wrote:

>For all their faults, this is one place where Disney Comics were
>better than Gladstone.  Disney had some wonderful material in
>WDC&S.  I really dislike WDC&S being nothing but ducks and mice.

Now that you mention it, that is one thing I miss in Gladstone comics.  I
suppose they decided to go with what the think will sell the best, but it
would be nice to see some of the other characters that have graced the
pages of WDC&S over the years.  Lil Bad Wolf, Lil Hiawatha, Chip 'n' Dale,
and Scamp come to mind.  Another character I'd like to see is Bucky Bug,
though I'm not so sure if I like the character as much as I like the
idea--a world unknown to us that exists right under our feet.  For the same
reason I was fascinated by Warner Bros. Mary Jane and Sniffles as well as
Walt Scot's Little People.  I'm not so sure, though, that today's kids
would be so impressed.

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes