Hairy Ducks and other critters...

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:16:34 CEST 1994

Bror Hellman on Lil Hiawatha:

>> I'm sure that reprinting Lil Hiawatha today would be out of the question.

>Well, that ain't stopping Egmont. They even make new (somewhat
>prejudiced) Li'l Hiawatha stories... Bad ones, even.

Now that IS surprising.  I could see them making new ones to get around the
dialog problems of the older stories, but wouldn't they be careful about
continuing the old stereotypes?

David Gerstein on Bucky Bug:

>	Someone (Tryg Helseth) said that here in the U. S., kids might
>not be very thrilled by these stories.  But... but... both Gladstone
>and Disney printed them, to gleeful reader response, in the past.

Thanks for reminding me of that.  I do remember reading those stories in
previous lives of Gladstone (and Disney).   Now were those gleeful reader

Don Rosa on brown-haired ducks:

>	$crooge didn't have brown hair in part 1??? Your eyes must
>really be going bad! If your U$ #285 doesn't have $crooge with brown
>hair, please send it to me -- that's the version I'd like to have!

Well in this case I think it was my memory... :)   (I was going to try
to weasel out of this by saying that I was thinking of Scrooge's
sisters, but dang if if they don't have hair too!)  But, alas, my copy does
have that brown hair poking out from under his cap.  Now why don't H, D & L
have brown hair?  Or hair at all, for that matter.  The genetic
characteristic must have been lost somewhere.

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes